long delay in processing (parallel printer)

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Feb 8 04:05:26 PST 2006

Hi,
When I try to print to my Laser printer (brother HL-10h) I get very long waiting time. The data seams to be transfering for ever (> 5 minutes) even for plain-text files. The data LED on my printer flashes and ultimatly the page comes out.

I have also a Deskjet printer installed over USB and this works very well (fast).

What's wrong with my printer settings for the parallel printer? I'm using Suse 10.0 with CUPS 1.1.23. If I boot from Suse 9.1 Live CD the printer works fine! I tried using the PPD file from 9.1 with 10.0 without result.

Thank your for advices