[cups.general] Native Win32 Cups Client?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Feb 23 02:34:54 PST 2006

Hello,

On Feb 23 04:49 Anonymous wrote (shortened):
> What I am looking for is for a windows pc to be able to take part
> in the CUPS 'auto-discovery' thing.
> I would like them to automatically get a list of printers ...
> that they could print to.

Only "get a list of printers" is not sufficient.

Note that normally printing under Windows is done different
than under Unix/Linux.
See for example the "two longer explanations" in
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2004-Nov/1186.html

I.e. the CUPS client for Windows must also convert the usual
Windows document types (e.g. "doc") to something which can be
processed by the CUPS filtering system (i.e. to PostScript).

Kind Regards,
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de