GPL Ghostscript - CUPS device support

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Sat Feb 25 14:14:00 PST 2006

Hi all.

Has anyone successfully compiled the GPL Ghostscript 8.5 to support
CUPS?

I configured it in one of our AIX test server using the
following command:

root at localhost#./configure --enable-cups=yes

It's configured and compiled successfully without any errors.

root at localhost# gs -v
GPL Ghostscript 8.50 (2005-12-31)
Copyright (C) 2005 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.

But when I searched for the cups device, it's not there"

root at localhost# gs -h|grep -i cups
root at localhost#

I even tried using the following configure command:

root at localhost# ./configure --enable-cups    ...to no avail.

Am I using the right cups parameter in the configure?

I tried installing the espgs-8.15.1 version but I've ran into some
errors when compiling and haven't figured out the fix yet. Basically,
it's been erroring on rpl_malloc.

Any help on this is much appreciated... :)

Thanks!
Angel