CUPS with Zebra 170XiIII

Creighton swankcr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 06:52:15 PST 2006

Good morning everyone!

I am currently trying to replace a few Windows print servers with one Linux machine running Red Hat ES 3.0 and CUPS.  I am having great success with most printers, but I have run into a wall with my Zebra Label Printers.

I have a Zebra 170XiIII that is connected to an HP JetDirect Box.  I can communicate with the printer, but I cannot print a single page.  I was wondering if anyone has a driver that they could reccommend.  I called Zebra and was told their drivers only support Windows.  So, I am hoping that someone out there can help me get this working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!
--Creighton