[cups.general] CUPS with Zebra 170XiIII

TPanaitescu at colorcon.com TPanaitescu at colorcon.com
Fri Jan 27 07:46:04 PST 2006

Hi,

Your success depends on how the output is sent to the printer. If it is ZPL
then use RAW printer (works just fine here for ages now), if it's
postscript use the built-in CUPS driver (didn't test it thoroughly, you
need barcode fonts for PS).

Good luck,

             Creighton
             <swankcr at gmail.co
             Sent by:                  cups at easysw.com
             cups-bounces at easy                                          cc
             sw.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cups.general] CUPS with Zebra
             01/27/06 09:52 AM         170XiIII

             Please respond to
                "Mirror of
               cups.general
                Newsgroup"
             <cups at easysw.com>

Good morning everyone!

I am currently trying to replace a few Windows print servers with one Linux
machine running Red Hat ES 3.0 and CUPS.  I am having great success with
most printers, but I have run into a wall with my Zebra Label Printers.

I have a Zebra 170XiIII that is connected to an HP JetDirect Box.  I can
communicate with the printer, but I cannot print a single page.  I was
wondering if anyone has a driver that they could reccommend.  I called
Zebra and was told their drivers only support Windows.  So, I am hoping
that someone out there can help me get this working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!
--Creighton