[cups.development] Re: [RFE] STR #770: cupsaddsmb at the web-interface

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jan 31 05:13:07 PST 2006

Franz Pfoertsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I looked at your code and checked the functionality.
> In my opinion it is the first step, because it worked only in a simple
> environment.
>
> this mean your cups printeradmin has exist in the local passwd and the
> password must be the same in the samba userdatabase.

Not at all - you are asked separately for the Samba username and
password (in the form).  That is specifically why we have the
username and password in the export form - we are well aware that
the Samba username and password may be different from the system/CUPS
username and password.  If you require additional authentication for
CUPS itself, you will get the usual pop-up password dialog in your
browser.