[cups.general] HP 3930 Deskjet Printer won't print

Daryl sofasurfer at blclinks.net
Sat Jul 15 02:35:04 PDT 2006

I have a HP Deskjet 3930. I installed the HPLIP 1.6.6a driver. I have
cups installed. I have done everything that I have been told.

My problem is that when I try to print, I get the window that says
'Printing Document...Generating Print Data'. At this point my print
should start printing but it doesn't. It just sits there silently.

I have looked for a solution at Debian Users Forum, Linux Questions
Forum, Just Linux Forums, Debian Printing Mailing List and HPLIP Help
Mailing List. They have all tried to help me but for some reason their
solutions aren't adequete to get my printer going. That makes no sense
to me. Theres something missing or maybe I have an incorrect version of
some package.

At this point it looks like there is no solution. I know that is not
really the case, but apparently I am not able to find a help source that
can tell me the proper proceedures to test whether I have the proper
packages installed, whether my pc is up to the task of printing with a
HP Deskjet 3930 or how to verify if my printer is even capable of
printing with Debian.

Please help me.