SNMP printer discovery documentation?

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 07:36:00 PDT 2006

> John A. Murdie <john at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote (Wednesday 26 July 2006 13:36):
> > I must be missing something. I'm experimenting with CUPS 1.2.2.
> > I can tell that backend/snmp is working, as there is a minute
> > or so delay when I access the administration page
>
> *If* the snmp backend did discover (uninstalled) printers, it
> will display them in a list on the admin page, like this
> screenshot shows:
>
>     http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2126
>
> If your screenshot does look more like this:
>
>     http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2127
>
> then the snmp backend did not discover an IP address that is
> a printer that is not yet installed on the system.
> Cheers,
> Kurt

Thank you, Kurt; it appears that something is not working correctly here; not having seen a CUPS admin page like the first example above before, I didn't realise that this was the expected appearance and functionality that was being described! (I see only a page like the second example.)

I'll investigate further.

John A. Murdie