[cups.general] [Fwd: [Printing-user-general] Why has nothing changed?]

Bernd Krumböck krumboeck at universalnet.at
Mon Jul 31 11:26:46 PDT 2006

Ambrose Li wrote:

> On 30/07/06, Bernd Krumböck <krumboeck at universalnet.at> wrote:
>> Man pages should not be used as replacement for the documentation!
>
> I really cannot understand the hostility against man pages.

I'm sorry for this missunderstanding. I love man pages!! I use them at least
10 times per day and can't live without them.

What I mean is:
If you want to know the most significant characteristics from lpadmin, then
you should look into the man page. But if you want to know how to create
and manage a printer queue, then you should read a good documentation (with
examples, graphics, ... and whatever you need to understand).

Documentations and manuals have different jobs, so they can't replace each
other.  ;)

best regards!
Bernd