[cups.general] Q. Proper way to startup cupsdasanon-rootuserasopposed to debian hacks?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jun 8 03:27:45 PDT 2006

Hello,

On Jun 8 10:54 Till Kamppeter wrote (shortened):
> Johannes Meixner wrote:
> > The same problem exists for example for CUPS 1.1.x with
> > non-compliant stuff like PPD generation on the fly
> This one I have already fixed with CUPS 1.2.
> The HPLIP USB issue will be fixed in CUPS 1.3 ...

I only tried to give some already known examples for problems
with non-standard stuff for CUPS.

Of course sooner or later more and more such problems are fixed
but nevertheless there will be always some other new problems
with other new non-standard stuff for CUPS.

My question was about how non-standard stuff could or should
be done for CUPS if it should or must be done now (and cannot
simply wait until it becomes fixed in a future version).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de