[cups.general] Q. Proper way to startupcupsdasanon-rootuserasopposed to debian hacks?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jun 8 05:15:40 PDT 2006

Hello,

On Jun 8 06:59 Michael Sweet wrote (shortened):
> it is not appropriate that we support the incompatible
> changes you make to our software in your Linux distro.

Now you start to make me angry.

Didn't you read my mail?

Did I ever demand that you should do our support?

In CUPS 1.1.x "RunAsUser" is a perfectly allowed way to run cupsd
and it is described in the "CUPS Software Administrators Manual".
Why do you now call "RunAsUser" an "incompatible change"?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de