hostname redirected to loopback

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jun 8 08:04:55 PDT 2006

angelb wrote:
> I apologize for posting and reposting. My previous messages was being
> posted in pieces. Hopefully this time works.
>
> Anyway, a portion of my hosts file follows:
>
> 127.0.0.1  loopback localhost
> .
> .
> 10.10.1.1  dev101   # CUPS test server
>
> I used this same server, dev101, to install and test CUPS 1.1.23
> without any issues I see from CUPS 1.2.1 now.
>
> Also, why would only the Printing feature from the web interface
> is reacting this way and why not the others; Admin, Jobs, etc?

Printer URIs get rewritten by the CGI programs, but the other links
are just relative/absolute paths so they don't have the same issues.

Basically, the code looks at the address portion and compares it to
the server name that is passed in - if they match, then the URI is
rewritten to be /printers/foo.  Otherwise you get the full URL
(http://address/printers/foo).