Job completition tracing

nickelj.post debinskir at postfinance.ch
Wed Jun 28 01:27:01 PDT 2006

Hello all,

To some of you this might be a silly question but I searched all google for an answer without success.

I am looking for a way to track in the logfiles if a requested jobs has succesfully finished.  In the error_log with "info" level all I see are messages like "Started filter, Started backend" but I never see a message like "Job 123 succesfully finished".

Is there a way to get an "OK" message in the logfiles when the printer has printed out a job? Also, the page_log seems just to report that it had processed a job-page, but not if it completed succesfull.

Does maybe anyone have a link how the whole logging-thinggy with cups works? All I can find in the admin manual is that errors are reported in CLF, but how would for example a "paper-out" message appear in the logfiles? To know what possible errors or error-codes can possibly appear in the logfiles could solve my problem too, if there is no "OK" message I could search for "NOK" messages.

Thanks ;)

miLosh