[cups.general] Monitor toner levels

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 1 06:58:22 PST 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 06:14, Anonymous wrote:
>Hi all
>is there a way to get toner and paper levels for a cups printer?
>I would like to create a script in order to check if any printer is
> low in these materials.
>Thanks a lot
>
>Valerio Daelli

Paper out is a binary suignal with most printers, so you don't get any
prior indication, generally speaking.

Inks are another matter, and for some printers there are nice utils to
extract that info.  I use 'mtink' to query my Epson C82.  I believe
escp2util can too, but haven't tried it recently.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: