PDF documents are printed duplex always

r.voelz at web.de r.voelz at web.de
Mon Mar 13 08:05:44 PST 2006

Hello,

my problem is that PDF files are printed duplex although I call lpr with option Duplex=None (options from lpoptions -l). If I print the file from acroread everything works fine. If I print a text file or a ps file everything works fine too. I generated the PDF with ps2pdf and OOo. That does no matter.

My cups version is 1.1.23 release 7 from Gentoo. I tried gnu and esp postscript. I tested pdftops from poppler 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 (all packages from Gentoo). I modified pdftops by removing the "Duplex true" option and I got a simplex printout, but I think this is not the problem.

I tried two duplex capable printer ( EPL-N2050PS+ with Windows PPD and Brother MFC 8840DN) both has the same behaviour if I print pdf files.

So far as I understand the CUPS documentation the duplex option is inserted in the ps file by pstops filter of cups ( pdf -> (pdftops) -> ps -> (pstops) -> printer ).

My Google search regarding this problem was not successful.

Is there anyone who is able to help me please?

Best regards,

Rainer

r.voelz at web.de