[cups.general] Default Printer location

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Tue Mar 14 06:36:30 PST 2006

Why does /etc/cups/printers.conf report the default printer to be
different from the lpstat -d command?

When I run lpstat -d as root I get a printer of DKELLY2.  When I look at
/etc/cups/printers.conf it shows to be TSDFLT.

All the system default information is ACTUALLY going to DKELLY2 which is
in contradiction to the config file.

Can anyone clarify why these are different?

I realize the http link just reads the printers.conf file but misreports
based off of the lpstat command.

Thanks for any clarification.

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax