[cups.general] CUPS not running

Dick Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 14 13:46:15 PDT 2006

I am using KDE 3.5.0 with kubuntu. I have a HP 1401 printer all-in-one. I have
used cups and it for 6 months. Now my printer manager has the message--Unable
to restart print server. Error message received from manager:
Unable to find a running CUPS server--- And the printer does not show up. I
have used "add printer" and put my printer back in line but still will not
print a test page and I get the above message. I can use fax in print manager
to get my information but that is not the same.
Thanks
Dick Barmann

Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://eastmetrolp.com/

Dick Barmann--Webmaster
http://www.barmannsbar.com
http://georgiatrailriders.com