[cups.general] client print does not look the same as printed on server

Susan_Zimmerman at navyfederal.org Susan_Zimmerman at navyfederal.org
Fri May 19 12:38:08 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Please bear with me as I am very new to CUPS and Linux.

I have created two Linux systems.  One to act as a CUPS server and the
other to act as the CUPS client.  Once this works to my satisfaction, I
will set up all my Linux systems as clients to the one server.

Our environment is SUSE SLES9 SP3 running on a zSeries (z990)  in an LPAR
running under z/VM 5.1.

When I print a document from KDE while logged on to the server machine, the
document has a title which contains the date and page number.  It also
prints right away.

 When printing  a document from KDE while logged on to the client machine,
it takes about 3-4 minutes to print (I'm talking about a test document that
has 1 line of data).  Not only does it take a long time to print, but it
also does not have a title and it chops off the top part of the first line.

If I can't get the document to print from any client and look the same as
it does when printed on the server,  I'll be forced to set up each Linux as
its own CUPS Server, but I prefer central management of print.  I'm sure
I've either specified the wrong option... or omitted an option that needs
to be specified.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Susan