Print jobs partly printing

Peter Hofstaetter peter.hofstaetter at hpa.com.au
Sun Nov 26 14:39:11 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am new to CUPS and more a user than a developer. Our IT department have installed CUPS onto a Sun Solaris box that I maintain an application on but since migrating to this machine we have been havind problem with prints. We have an identically set up machine in another branch that does not have this problem and IT have no idea what to do. Hopefully one of you can help me tell them what to do or what to check.

The problem is that some of the prints start printing and may print one or two pages and then stop. In some circumstances the print will restart later or just abort altogether. Is there a log file that we can check to see if there is an error that is causing this. At the moment IT do not know where to start looking. I have already had to modify my programs to submit multiple reports as one print job so that they print in correct sequence. It seems to only happen at overnight but this is also when we do the most printing.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Cheers,
Peter