[cups.general] Missing Formfeed at end of printjob on LaserJet 1320??

Jörg Spilker js at jetsys.de
Sat Oct 28 06:17:52 PDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 15:33 schrieb Ambrose Li:

Hello,

> > > That usually means that the wrong paper tray is selected, or
> > > the tray is empty...
> >
> > well, the printer has only one paper tray. And in the KDE print dialiog,
> > tray 1 is preselected and i can´t even select Tray 2 oder 3 (gives a
> > warning because incompatible settings).
>
> HP's specs page shows something that looks like the HP 8000/5000
> series printers, so I suppose that here Tray 1 also means "manual
> feed". If that's the case, if Tray 2 doesn't show up then there's
> something wrong with either the PPD or the KDE printing system.

well, i was wrong. There are really two trays on the printer. Tray 1 (the
manual one) was a bit hidden. I called the cups admin page for the printer.
Options installed shows: Tray2 and Tray3: not installed. I changed this
settings to Tray2 installed. Also i changed in the General settings section
Tray1 to manual:true.

When i now call the kde print dialogue, it shows Tray2 as default Tray. But
unfortunately the print is again directed to Tray1 one. I´m now completely
confused. Is this a problem of cups (printing a test page from the cups
printer configuration page shows the same problem) or the kde printing system
or a wrong ppd (i used the manufactorer ppd from hplip 1.6.10 package).

Greetings, Jörg