[cups.general] very strange dot-matrix printer problem: randomly wrong print result (ghostscript-esc p2)

张韡武 zhangweiwu at realss.com
Wed Sep 13 03:43:21 PDT 2006

在 2006-09-13三的 10:16 +0200,Johannes Meixner写道:
> Hello,
>
> I assume your printer is connected via the parallel port.
>
> The data transfer errors may happen because of an inappropriate
> mode for your parallel port in the BIOS of your computer
> (i.e. your parallel port mode is inappropriate for your printer).

Ah, I have a good argument on why it is not the parallel port problem.
When the printer start to act strange, if I go to gnome-control-panel
and click 'printers' (as root), change properties of the current printer
and switch it from parallel to a samba share point on a Windows
computer, plug the printer to the Windows computer, save settings and
then print through smb share of Windows, the printer result is also
wrong in the same way, same behavior as directly plug it into parallel
port. Meanwhile, the Windows computer can print correctly from using
Windows native drive.