Job-hold-until, SSL, web admin mod on MAC OS X ?????

Phil Krochmal pk000075545 at ltu.edu
Thu Sep 28 05:55:43 PDT 2006

> Phil Krochmal wrote:
> > Well, I have nto tried the first two items yet today, but I am
> > curious witht he last one. For those of us that are not source code
> > compiling savvy, is it a file I can edit after the Mac DMG file
> > installs?
>
> No, it is a hard limit compiled into the web interface programs.
>
> There is an RFE for CUPS 1.3 to add a user-settable value, with a
> system-wide default.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Publishing Software        http://www.easysw.com

Ok Mike,

Then this begs two questions, then for changing that setting. Number one, is there anyone that can give me the steps on how to compile CUPS from the source on a MAC OS X 10.4.6 server. Number two, what is the estimated time for the release of CUPS 1.3? I am just guessing it is something past December at the earliest?

Also, a side question, is CUPS setup to do Raster Image Processing by default? If not, then how can I do this? This is with regards to wanting to speed up the processing time on the two HP DesignJet 800's that handle both PostScript and HPGL (aka CAD) printing. If anyone can help on this little point, I would be most appreciated with their knowledge being poured forth for the all to learn.

Finally, I have preformed the lpadmins command, but I need to setup the system to share out to windows systems. Until I setup that, I will not be able to test my setup. I figure it should be working today or tommorrow for testing. The web interface is not accessable from outside the server. The firewall is not on, but even then I should still be able to access the base HTTP part of the CUPS interface. I am working to remedy this problem as well.

Thanks,
Phil K.