webfrontend: drap&drop

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Apr 5 06:56:50 PDT 2007

chris epicier wrote:
> Hi there
>
> We use cups here to drive our plotters & printers. The cups webfrontend is very handy in terms managing ongoing outputs and also billing. What it lacks in my opinion is a way to handle the input. For instance, it would be great to have the possibility to drag and drop pdfs to the printers, be able to set no of copies, scaling (A1 to A3 for instance) and the like.
>
> I am pretty sure this can be done by extending the cups webfrontend. Has anyone already done that or knws of a solution readily available?

Right now there is no interface to print a document other than the
test page from the web interface.  I'm not sure if there is an active
feature request for this specifically, however it is certainly
possible to implement (although I'm not sure about the drag-n-drop
part, it *is* just a web interface and we aren't going to add OS-
and browser-specific plug-ins to support it...)