Printing order not identical with sending order

Ivan Jurik i.jurik at rewe-group.at
Tue Apr 24 08:29:51 PDT 2007

We have the following problem:

We send many jobs in a short time to the printer Lexmark C524 (connected over local network) by lp command. The problem is that the printer output order of the jobs is not the same as the sending order. Is it possible, that cupsd changes the printing order? We don’t use job priority control.
Our operating system: SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) - Kernel 2.4.19-4GB (7).
Cups-Version: 1.1.12

Is this a known problem? Is there some workaround?

Please help

Thanks