[cups.general] setting up cups on home network

Pál Csányi csanyipal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:48:30 PDT 2007

Hello!

I have a Debian Etch system (server) in the DMZ zone of my home network.
On this system I have installed cupsys and connected an usb printer.
I want to use this printer from the LOC zone of my home network.
In the LOC zone I have a dual boot desktop machine with Debian Etch and
MS Windows XP.

On this home network I have a firewall / gateway with iptables (shorewall).

On the cupsys I have installed an apache2 webserver.

I try to access the cupsys on server from LOC, from Debian Etch
system, but with no success. I get an error message: 403 Forbidden

I try to set up on the server system the apache2 server to allow the
http and the https connections, but with no success.
I have a FQDN: csanyi-pal.info and the public IP: 212.200.112.79
I don't know how to setup the apache2 server with Virtual Host on this
circumstances?

How to setup this system to allow printing on server from LOC systems
(Debian & MS Windows)?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi