[cups.general] lpstat -v

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 3 17:14:03 PST 2007

Adam wrote:
> why is it that when I do a lpstat -v
> the accepting requests date/time is Jan 01 00:00?
>
> Ex.
> ssas1 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00

Prior to CUPS 1.2, CUPS did not track the date/time of the last
state change (there is no standard IPP attribute for it), but still
had to show something for legacy apps that depended on the output
format.  We chose a fixed date rather than the current date and time.

Current releases of CUPS show the correct date and time that the queue
was last changed.