Clean print heads: "/usr/libexec/cups/filter/rastertoprinterfailed"

Miller david-o.miller at amd.com
Mon Dec 3 17:34:56 PST 2007

Greetings,

I am having exactly the same problem with an Epson PM-720C.
I confirmed that the PPD file DOES point to commandtoepson filter.
The same error occurs on "Print Self-Test Page", but not "Print
Test Page."  Only guessing, but it seems the criterion may be
whether or not buffered printable data is passed.

Using Ubuntu 7.10.

Any suggestions?

What does "upstream" mean in the other reply?

              Thanks,
              D. Miller