Odd multi page problem from iSeries

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Dec 31 08:49:17 PST 2007

Simon Slaytor wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been tearing my hair out trying to sort out a problem. Sorry this message might get a little long but bear with me.
>
> We have just upgraded our CUPS print servers from a 1.1x release to 1.2.7. The servers are configured with roughly 30 printers, all configured as RAW and job queuing is handled via cups-lpd.
> ..
> Prior to upgrading (full fresh install) to 1.2.7 i.e. a 1.1x server the iSeries jobs worked perfectly.

More than likely you are running into a 1.2.x limitation in raw
queue support - printing of multiple files to a raw queue or with the
raw option will not work in 1.2.x.

You either need to upgrade to 1.3.x or, if the queues are raw
themselves just use a simple interface script that just does a
"cat $6".