No duplex action on a HPIIID

Jeff jeffroberts at telus.net
Wed Feb 28 13:50:24 PST 2007

Thanks Johannes

Both are good links but neither led to a solution. Since yesterday I've upgraded to 1.2, and upgraded foomatic, ghostprint etc too. I no longer get the two pages, now I just don't get any duplexing at all. I'm still using the HP Laserjet Series CUPs v1.1 ppd which works just fine on a computer a few feet from my desk. I've compared the .ppd files in /etc/cups/ppd and they match.

I ran lpoptions to set Duplex=DuplexNoTumble as both root and Jeff so there is a lpoptions file in /etc/cups and ~/.cups. When I run lpoptions -p Duplex -l it reports back:

PageSize/Media Size: *Letter Legal Executive Tabloid A3 A4 A5 B5 EnvISOB5 Env10 EnvC5 EnvDL EnvMonarch
PageRegion/PageRegion: Letter Legal Executive Tabloid A3 A4 A5 B5 EnvISOB5 Env10 EnvC5 EnvDL EnvMonarch
InputSlot/Media Source: Default *Tray1 Tray2 Tray3 Tray4 Manual Envelope
Resolution/Output Resolution: 150dpi *300dpi 600dpi
Duplex/Double-Sided Printing: None *DuplexNoTumble DuplexTumble
Option1/Duplexer: *True False

As you can see, Duplex=DuplexNoTumble and Option1=True

What else is there?

Jeff