[cups.general] Reverse printing?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Jan 8 06:00:26 PST 2007

lists.cups-general at duinheks.xs4all.nl wrote:
> Hallo Helge,
>
> Op 07 Jan 07 schreef Helge Blischke aan cups at easysw.com:
>
>  >> I'm trying to print the pages of a document in reverse order.
>  >> I *thought* the command was "-o outputorder=reverse". But that
>  >> creates a print job which does not outpout anything to the
>  >> printer. How can I do it?
>  >> I'm running cups 1.2.7 with Linux kernel 2.6.18.6.
>
>  HB> I suspect the job is not DSC compliant, especially the pages
>  HB> seem not to be independent of each other.
>  HB> Please post (an URL to) a sample file.
>
> It looks like file attaches that are too big are not accepted. You
> may find an example file that exhibits the same behaviour at:
> http://duinheks.xs4all.nl/files/testing/cups_sample.ps
> Maybe it's also useful to know that my printer is an HP 1300 LaserJet
> on the parallel port and I'm using hplip 1.6.12.
>
> Groeten,
>
>            Hans.
>
> jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl
>

> --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/061229
>  * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)

That sample file seems OK and prints well in reverse order here.
But I must admit that I have only native PostScript printers do test
with (no hplib bases printers), and my CUPS version is a 1.1.19 which
uses the alternate pstops filter. Than might (?) make a difference.

Helge

PS: As far as I can tell, the PS jobs generated by pdftops 3.0x (from
the xpdf suite) as is your sample file, seem to be DSC compliant.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung