[cups.general] Reverse printing?

lists.cups-general at duinheks.xs4all.nl lists.cups-general at duinheks.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 8 12:19:16 PST 2007

Hallo Helge,

Op 08 Jan 07 schreef Helge Blischke aan cups at easysw.com:

 >> You may find an example file that exhibits the same behaviour
 >> at:
 >> http://duinheks.xs4all.nl/files/testing/cups_sample.ps
 >> Maybe it's also useful to know that my printer is an HP 1300
 >> LaserJet on the parallel port and I'm using hplip 1.6.12.

 HB> That sample file seems OK and prints well in reverse order
 HB> here.

Bother :(

 HB> But I must admit that I have only native PostScript printers
 HB> do test with (no hplib bases printers), and my CUPS version
 HB> is a 1.1.19 which uses the alternate pstops filter. Than
 HB> might (?) make a difference.

That might indeed make a difference. And I believe that it *used* to
work for earlier versions of CUPS and with hpoj instead of hplip.

 HB> PS: As far as I can tell, the PS jobs generated by pdftops 3.0x
 HB> (from the xpdf suite) as is your sample file, seem to be DSC
 HB> compliant.

I also tried to create a .ps file with a2ps, which uses ESP
GhostScript and that gives the same problem. I start to mistrust
hplip or the .ppd file. Later this week I can borrow an USB
inkjet printer to do more testing.

Thank you for your help so far.

Groeten,

           Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/061229
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)