[cups.general] IPP: Waiting for job to complete...

Peter Flynn peter.nosp at m.silmaril.ie
Sun Jan 14 13:29:47 PST 2007

Arjan Hulsbosch wrote:
> I use an Edimax 1203M printer server (with HP 804C printer), and had the same
> problem.
>
> The solution I found was to have CUPS print to the lpd print queue on the
> printer server. I use Ubuntu 6.10, but it should work on any CUPS. In the CUPS
> interface:
> - Select the printer
> - Click "Modify Printer"
> - Continue to Device selection and select "LPD/LPR Host or Printer"
> - URI: "lpd://10.0.0.203/lpt1" (enter your own IP number and printer port name
> of course)
> - Continue through the printer driver selection
> - And you're done.
>
> Hope this helps!

It certainly does...very many thanks.

Seems like the Edimax implementation of IPP is broken -- I wonder if
they know about it or if they tested it? Or perhaps it's CUPS :-)

I'm CC'ing this to their UK support address and US sales address for
comment (assuming they know how to post to Usenet...:-)

///Peter