spread default printer

Gerhard Hintermayer g.hintermayer at inode.at
Tue Jul 3 00:49:56 PDT 2007

I have on cups-server (1.2.10) with browsing enabled, with several printers declared and lots of client machines, that receive browsing infos from that single server. I'd like to have cupsd running on the clients so each has it's own queue in case of network outages.
I fiddled around with cupsd.conf on both server and clients (which are servers too) but couldn't get the spreading of default printer to work.
I want to change the default printer on the server via web interface and distribute this modification to all clients (without the use of lpoptions)

Is this possible. or do i have to modify the default printer on each "client" by hand, in case the default printer has an outage ?

regards
Gerhard