[cups.general] Printer Policies for the Web Interface

Philipp Richter philipp.richter at linbit.com
Wed Jul 4 01:46:38 PDT 2007

Hi,

Is it possible to apply rules like the operation policies (which are for IPP
printing only) to the web interface?

Here is what I try to accomplish: Our customer has a central (clustered) CUPS
server which acts as print server for it's 10 departments. Each department
has it's own administrator which should be able to do the usual
administration tasks (stop/start printer, cance/move jobs, etc.) on the web
interface, but only for it's own printers. Each department has it's own
network, so they are easily distinguished. Only the master admin should be
allowed to create printers.

If this is not possible i thought about running multiple instances of cups,
each with it's own configuration and do the ip redirection with firewall
rules. this should be possible with cups but of course i would like to avoid
this.

cheers,
--
: Philipp Richter                                 Tel +43-1-8178292-51 :
: Vivenotgasse 48, A-1120 Vienna/Europe          http://www.linbit.com :