[cups.general] How to enable job sheets (banner page) with dot matrix printer?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jul 10 01:54:52 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Jul 9 17:44 Bernard Barton wrote (shortened):
> I'm finally able to print to my dot matrix printer connected to an
> HP JetDirect 170x print server.  This was accomplished by disabling
> the job sheets before and after to none:
>
>    -o job-sheets-default=none,none

As far as I see the reason seems that the original input for the
banner pages is PostScript, see the files in /usr/share/cups/banners
but it seems your generic text-only filter cannot convert PostScript
back to plain-text so that the PostScript is sent to the printer
and when it spits out the PostScript source of the banner page
it looks like a totally messed up printout.

I don't know if plain-text banner files would also work.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex