unable to manage jobs

Amy Tanner amy.tanner at netaspx.com
Thu Jun 14 11:18:20 PDT 2007

> Try this (if it is CUPS 1.1.x):
>
> <Location /jobs>
>   AuthType None
>   Order Deny,Allow
>   Deny From All
>   Allow From localhost
> </Location>

That resulted in a permission denied on the jobs page (in the web interface).  So I changed to Allow From All and I'm getting the same results I was getting earlier.

I have read about the /etc/cups/passwd.md5 file.  We did not have one on our debian print server.  We have tried creating one, but I'm not sure what to put in it.  If we are running as user lp, should we add user lp to this passwd.md5 file (using lppasswd)?  Our lp account currently has no password in /etc/shadow.

Thanks!