Printing Large PCL files

Dallas dallas at crd-dwc.com
Mon Jun 18 19:34:18 PDT 2007

I have a weird setup, we are printing very large pcl files from a mainframe. They are ftp'd to us. The Fedora 6 box then unzips all the files and then submitts them to an hp9040dn. The problem is that the files are always different names so " lp *.PCL " will only dump the first file it finds, where " lp *.TXT " will dump all of the files it finds. Is there a time out or size restriction, that I am missing?

If I submitt a single PCL file it prints fine?

The PCL files are between 10-100 megs in size, where the text files are approx. .5-1 meg in size.
Thanks For your time.
Dallas