[cups.general] PDFs do not Print

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Fri Mar 9 14:49:31 PST 2007

> > Try a raw Postscript printing to the printer.
> > Lp -d Gestetner -o raw
> > ~/cups-1.2.7/data/testprint.ps
>
> Works perfectly.  And it works perfectly when I
> pdftops my pdf docs and print them from the
> command-line.
That means your printer is working, so you don't need to call
technician.

> But when I try to print pdf's, pages and pages of
> gibberish.
How did you print PDF? PDF Raw printing?
Print a config page from your printer.
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/RicohFAQ#Does_m
y_printer_support_Postscript_.2F_PCL_XL_.2F_PCL5_.3F

Double check to see if it supports PDF direct print, if so, note the
version of PDF it supports.
Also check your file's PDF version to see whether it matches.

If you print a PDF 1.6 document to a PDF 1.2 printer, it might not give
you the desired output.

If you are not using PDF direct printing, then the filter which
translates PDF to Postscript is giving you problems.

Behalf