[cups.general] Konica/Minolta 2430DL Network Printer solution forX86_64 systems

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 13 10:29:15 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007, David de Beer wrote:
>The manual that came on the printer's CD together with the actual driver
> gave no solution on the problems with an x86_64 system.
>
>John's solution works well with the 2430DL.
>He released me from a severe headache.
>NB 1) the symlink's spelling: rastertokm2430dl  (rastEr as in install
> list) NB 2) an already installed 2430DL should be deleted in Yast (or
> whatever tool your distro uses) and reinstalled before the symlink
> works.
>
>Just received a mail from KonicaMinolta on my support ticket concerning
> this matter, indicating that a 64 bits driver will not be expected
> within short term. To make clear they take Linux compatibility serious
> they attached the driver's source code.
>
>Alas, no developer here, but I appreciate being taken serious.

David, I think it goes without saying that IF you aren't under any NDA's
with that source code, it would be appreciated if it was relayed to a
developer who could bring it up to 64 bit compliance.  As to who that
might be on this list, I've not a good idea other than it sure isn't me,
my wet ram is getting a bit grey these days, expected at my age I think.

What license does it carry?  That also determines whether or not its even
viewable by someone else.