scheduler not responding!

Dallas Warren dbw at ozreef.org
Tue Mar 20 22:01:52 PDT 2007

> > Huh? "RHEL fully up to date" has a CUPS 1.1.22rc1??

> I assume so, since the up2date package is meant to update these sort of things.  May be not, I will have to investigate further now that I have atleast some direction on what to try out.

It appears that with RHEL AS 4, that is indeed the case.  That is the latest package number provided with v4.

I would prefer to not have to install it separately (if that is indeed the issue).  Fact that it is the current version of CUPS available with v4, that it should indeed work indicates to me that there is something about my own installation that is the problem.  But the less painful way of solving it probably is to install a more up to date version of CUPS myself.

(Note, see that there is now a v5 available, which contains CUPS 1.2.4, but are not subscribed to that version currently)