HowTo getting kerberos running

bse bse at chalmers.se
Fri Mar 30 02:58:36 PDT 2007

We have been using Cups + Samba + PyKota in production for a year now, and are very satisfied with the system. The new kerberos authtype is the missing piece, and we have been eagerly waiting for the release.

I am lost. Is there any documentation on how to set up the system, or is it just to read the code?

I have tried to get Cups 1.3svn-r6397 configured with kerberos, with limited success this far.

I found new keyworks (Thanks!)
DefaultAuthType Negotiate
GSSServiceName  HTTP works with Seamonkey, IPP does not.
Krb5Keytab      filename of keytab

Administration of CUPS seems to work with Kerberos, but I have not found the way to get printing to use kerberos. This in itself is a very big step forward. The only thing I found was that the username came in the form USER at REALM, and I prefer to have only the USER part.

When I put AuthType Negotiate in Location printers, nothing will be printed. The server wants a kerberos ticket, but none of the programs I tested seems to send anything.
(berkley/lp*, test/ipptest)

/Bse