One-page-at-a-Time

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Sat May 12 07:02:27 PDT 2007

> --6TrnltStXW4iwmi0
>
> Michael & Kurt:
>
> > Can you try the standard CUPS HP LaserJet driver, laserjet.ppd?
> >
> >      lpadmin -p printer -m laserjet.ppd
> >

> That worked, though I had to turn to Ian Ward's HOWTO to get the
> syntax right,

There are also man pages for all CUPS commands...  :-)

> or to understand what specific values I should enter,
> running the following:
>
> /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p Laser -v parallel:/dev/lp0 -P /root/laser.ppd
> /usr/bin/enable Laser
> /usr/sbin/accept Laser

You could add a "-E" for "enable this queue right from the start" to the
lpadmin command:

   /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p Laser -v parallel:/dev/lp0 -E -P /root/laser.ppd

(like I had showed you in the lpadmin example in a previous post of this
thread).

Cheers,
Kurt