[cups.general] compiling Centos 5 cups rpm

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed May 16 10:01:11 PDT 2007

Hello,
    I need one of the new bug fixes in cups 1.2.9 over my currently
installed CentOS 1.2.4 cups rpm. I downloaded the source code for cups
1.2.11 and tried to compile it as instructed on the downloading cups page.
To skip the long morning of recompiling i had to install several .devel rpm
packages to get this far, including php-devel. My current problem is i'm
getting the below error with pam and cups-zh.

Processing files: cups-zh-1.2.11-1
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Requires: cups = 1:1.2.11
Processing files: cups-php-1.2.11-1
Provides: phpcups.so
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Requires: cups-libs = 1:1.2.11 libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libcrypt.so.1 libcups.so.2 libm.so.6 libpthread.so.0
rtld(GNU_HASH)

RPM build errors:
    File not found: /tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d
    File not found by glob: /tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d/*

    My first question is i'd like to not compile any extra languages in to
the rpms how do i do this? I tried passing --with-languages en option got
that that from reading ./configure and rpmbuild said that wasn't a valid
option. I can provide a config.log and an rpm list of installed packages
upon request. Next is the pam area i confirmed that /etc/pam.d does in fact
exist. I'd appreciate any assistance there is some urgency with this.
Thanks.
Dave.