Print Accounting

Balaji Rao balajirrao at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:33:50 PDT 2007

Hello people,

I need to develop a printing accounting system which keeps track of the users printing statistics. So, i should be able to recieve notifications from cups when a printer job arrives.

How can i do it? I tried looking at scheduler/subscritpions.c. And also the testnotify program in notifiers folder of the src. I could not figure out how to use the testnotify program. What i figure out was it used some ippReadFile() and it expects something from stdin. Not knowiing what to enter, i just had to press return and i used to get IPPERROR!.

So, i just want to get notified when a job arrives at the queue..

i need some help in this regard, please..

Thank you.