Problems in recognizing Postscript with the Cups Windows Driver

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Mon May 28 13:00:12 PDT 2007

> Hello!
>
> We've successfully installed Cups on CentOS / RedHat. Also we are
> using the Cups Windows Drivers 6.0.
>
> All documents printed via Windows to the Unix Printserver were only
> count with one page and were recognize as "application/vnd.cups-raw"
> corresponding to the error.log file in debug mode.

You don't say so, but I assume you're using Samba to receive the printjobs (which passes them on to CUPS). Your Samba may be set to assign "-o raw" to each job (smb.conf parameter "cups options").

Check your Samba settings: "testparm -s -v|grep -i cups"

See also:

  --> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/classicalprinting.html
  --> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html

> I can't understand why the printed documents are not recognize as
> postscript cause the used Cups Windows driver is a postscript driver.
> So the output of the printer sending to the Cups Printserver should be
> Postscript.

Cheers,
Kurt

--