Large cups systems?

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Oct 15 13:44:01 PDT 2007

Bernd Krumböck wrote:
>> I have to restart the daemon nearly daily because I get several queues
>> stuck in this bad state to where a restart of the queue itself is not
>> sufficient to get jobs flowing again.
>
> Interesting...
> You are sure, that the queue state is enabled and accepting jobs?

If there indeed *IS* a job that is too large or faulty to be accepted
by the remote LPD server in the print box, then re-enabling the queue
will immediately re-create the same condition, and make cupsd disable
the same queue again.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS