Large cups systems?

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Oct 16 13:48:55 PDT 2007

Seth Galitzer wrote:

>>> I had seven jobs stopped overnight, all plain PS files, all most likely
>>> sent from Windows.  Of those seven, three were in the queue that I had
>>> tried to use beh on and was stopped this morning.  When I resent them to
>>> another printer, they all printed fine.
>> And what happened when sending to the same printer? And what's the
>> difference between these two printers?
>>
>>> So that tells me, either I
>>> didn't use beh correctly or at the very least, I just shouldn't use it.
>> It shouldn't be needed in most cases any more, now that you can set
>> an ErrorPolicy in CUPS (which was not the case in CUPS 1.1).
>>
>>> The other four were on two different queues/printers (two each).  They
>>> are all pdf files, all generated by Acrobat 8.0.
>> And sent to what type of target printer?
>>
>> (Ah, it may be a "LaserJet 5 M" according to the %%TargetDevice line.)
>
> One of them is an HP 5M, the other is an HP 8150.  The other printer I
> tried resending the jobs to is an HP 4000.  These are all LaserJets, FYI.

I repeat: "what happened when sending to the same printer?"
          "what's the difference between these two printers?"

Are these all PostScript capable printers? And the HP 4000 printed what
the other two wouldn't? Strange...

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS