Passing extra information from environment to backend?

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Thu Oct 18 05:00:00 PDT 2007

Hi!

Is there some way to pass information from the environment of the user
submitting a print job (via 'lp', 'lpr' or some program using libcups,
for example KDE's or Gnome's printer systems), to the backend?

I want to know, in my backend, not only which user submitted the job,
but also which session in a thin client scenario the user was submitting
from (each user may have multiple sessions).

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00