[cups.general] strange offset

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Oct 23 00:25:50 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Oct 19 09:55 Stephan wrote (shortened):
> after installation of Open SuSE 10.2 (formated partition)
> I can't proper print anymore in landscape DIN A6.  There
> is always an offset from left and top of about 20mm.
> I haven't had that problem with SuSE 9.1 and the same
> printer.

Which printer?

Which driver (i.e. what is the NickName entry in the
PPD file /etc/cups/ppd/a6-kartei)?

If you remember:
Do you now use the same driver as you used with Suse Linux 9.1?

> stephan at venus:~> lpr -P a6-kartei -o page-ranges=1
>                       stud/kartei/graphen.pdf

Does it happen only with this one file "graphen.pdf"?
Does it happen only with "-o page-ranges=1"?

Or does it also happen when you print for example plain text
with a border line so that you can see where the printed
area is, for example
echo "Hello" | lp -d a6-kartei -o page-border=single

Does the CUPS test page print correctly?
Is the printed "Imageable Area" information on the CUPS test page
as you expect it?
Print it via the CUPS web-interface or print it directly via
lp -d a6-kartei /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex