Loosing Formfeeds OS X / Lexmark C532

Heinz Wittenbecher heinz at bytedesigns.com
Wed Oct 31 11:23:27 PDT 2007

This may not be CUPS related but am hoping that there might be some suggestions re a work-around.

Same problem on OS X Tiger and Leopard.

We send a text file to the printer, using lpr, and no form-feeds occur.

The 0C is imbedded in the text file and if we send the file directly to the printer (using netcat) we get form-feeds.

I need to use lpr to shrink the 132 column text to fit onto 8.5in page, I.e. lpr -o cpi=17 (Tiger) lpr -o cpi=70 (Leopard work-around for cpi bug)

Have tried Apple drivers in Leopard, tried Generic PostScript in Tiger and Leopard. Tried Lexmark driver in both.

Other than the missing formfeed, all is well. We have control over the output. Is there another code we can embed in the text to force a page/form-feed?

Thanks in advance.